I’ve been experimenting with different ways to decorate cakes and cupcakes. I love adding a splash of colour whenever I can. What I love about these meringues as you can do them one colour or many like I have here. They also add some height to whatever you’re decorating. These are also great on their own as a (super) sweet treat ☺️
- Preheat your oven to 90 degrees. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper (Or a silicon mat if you have one).
- Get a piping bag w a 10mm round nozzle. To make the rainbow stripes, paint food colouring stripes inside the piping bag:
- Beat your egg whites on a high speed until a soft peak.
- Gradually add your castor sugar a spoonful at a time.
- Once all the sugar has been added beat until the sugar has dissolved (rub some meringue between your fingers to check).
- Gently fold in the icing sugar and place into your piping bag.
- Pipe onto baking tray holding the nozzle vertically above the tray about an inch away. Squeeze the mixture until you reach the base size you want for your meringue. Then release the pressure and pull up. to create the peak (don’t worry this will take some practise and fortunately this mix makes plenty).
- Bake in the oven for approx. 90mins or until the meringues pull cleanly away from baking paper.
- Leave to cool, dust with glitter and use as you wish.
(Try them with my Vanilla Sprinkle Cupcakes).
Hope you enjoy these playful treats and let me know in the comments how you get on.
Catch ya later,