I was asked to make some cupcakes for a luncheon right after Easter. Whilst I was super tempted to make something smothered in Easter Eggs (because chocolate!!!!), I realised people may be sick of chocolate (shocking I know!). So, instead I opted for these super cute Vanilla Sprinkle Cupcakes. With the pastel colours in the meringues, these are a cute alternative to Easter cupcakes but are super cute for any occasion!
Vanilla Sprinkle Cupcakes:
(Makes approx 18 Cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a muffin tray with cases.
- Mix the butter with the dry ingredients until it becomes a sandy consistency.
- Add half the milk until just combined.
- Then mix the remaining milk, eggs and vanilla and add to the mix.
- Add the sprinkles and mix until combined.
- Pour into your cupcakes cases and bake for approx 20 mins.
- Beat your butter either in a mixer or with a hand mixer until light and fluffy (at least 3mins).
- Add half the icing sugar and beat on a low speed until combined.
- Add the remaining icing sugar on a low speed and once combined increase to a high speed. Beat for at least 5mins (The longer you beat the icing the lighter and creamier it will be – you really can’t over do it here ☺️).
- Pipe onto your cooled cupcakes using a star nozzle.
Now you have some beautiful vanilla sprinkle cupcakes which you can leave as is. However, if you want some extra pizzazz, try adding some Rainbow Glitter Meringues.