One of my favourite things in the whole world are Malteasers. So when I realised that I could make Malteaser cupcakes – I was super excited! These cupcakes are sweet and chocolaty and full of Malteasers!!!! Yum! So if you love Maltesasers then you HAVE to try these cupcakes!
50g Milo (or another hot chocolate/malt drink)
2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
190g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
250g caster sugar
280g softened butter
4 free range eggs
3 Tblsp whole milk
- Mix all the ingredients together until they form a smooth batter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again for about 20 seconds.
- Scoop mix into cupcake cases and place a Malteaser in each cupcake.
- Bake at 170 degrees for approx 20 mins.
- Voi La! They’re done and ready to ice!
670g icing sugar
100g crushed Malteasers.
- Beat the butter until its pale and fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and Milo gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and beat again for a further 2 mins.
- Fold in the crushed Malteasers.
- Pipe onto your cooled cupcakes and place Malteasers on top!
Yay yummy Malteaser cupcakes! Let me know how you get on in the comments below.
Catch ya later,