I’ve been searching through some of my recipe books and I came across a delicious recipe in ‘Rachel Khoo’s Kitchen Notebook.’ I loved the look of her Lemon, Dill and Fish Roe Bullar. However, I decided to use what I had at home which was some basil pesto, feta cheese and tomato. These are pretty easy bread to make so I thought I’d share the recipe =)
270ml warm (approx body temp) milk
1/2 tsp salt
90g melted butter
500g bread flour (high grade)
2tsp fast-action yeast
Approx 200g pesto
Approx 2 large tomatoes
Approx 50g feta
- Heat milk, and sugar in the microwave for approx 30 seconds. (Until it doesn’t feel cool to the touch).
- Pour into a mixer with a dough hook attachment. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix for about 10 mins. (Until the dough is stretchy and elastic).
- Form the dough into a ball, cover with a damp cloth and leave to prove until double in size (approx 1 hour).
- Dust your work surface. Roll the ball out into a rectangle (40cmx35cm). Spread the pesto over the dough. Sprinkle the feta and chopped tomato over the dough so it’s evenly dispersed.
- Fold the dough over in thirds, folding the top into the middle and then the bottom over top.
- Cut the dough into approx 3cm strips using a pizza cutter.
- Cut each piece in half leaving approx 2cm at the top.
- Twist the pieces together.
- Then twist the ends together into a knot.
- Transfer onto a lined baking tray and leave to prove for 30 mins.
- Bake at 200 degrees for approx 10-15 mins.
- Yay they’re ready!!!!!
These are so delicious! I had them as a side for dinner but these would be perfect for lunch, snacks or anything coz they’re so good!
I hope you give these a go and let me know how you go in the comments below.
Catch ya later,