Sweet Things

Chocolate and Raspberry Sponge

  The very first cake we made at Patisserie Schoolย was a Genoise Sponge; easy right? Technically yes, but at the beginning of the course we had to mix everything by hand. I'm not ashamed to admit that I just didn't have the arm strength to whisk the eggs enough, so I was left with a… Continue reading Chocolate and Raspberry Sponge

Advertisements
Patisserie

Chocolate Tempering

  Hello there! So tempering chocolate is one of the things that I always thought was way too tricky to try at home. Fortunately, (or unfortunately for my uniform and thus my laundry powder bill), 90% of my time at Le Cordon Bleu was spent tempering chocolate (the other 10% was spent cleaning chocolate...just kidding...not… Continue reading Chocolate Tempering